Revenge for Wednessday

After the loss to Lierse last Wednesday, today it is time to take revenge at home and show who is the team of the Kempen. Jonas De Roeck brings few changes to the squad. Perdichizzi and De Cuyper are back from their suspensions and are back in their regular positions in the squad. Igor Vetokele is also in the starting line-up today.

Line-up KVC Westerlo

D. Jensen, E. Jordanov, R. Seigers, P. Perdichizzi, M. De Cuyper, T. Van Den Keybus, L. Van Eenoo, I. Vetokele, J. Bernat, L. Foster, E. Daci

Line-up Lierse Kempenzonen

J. Teunckens, J. Gillekens, S. Bitsindou, B. Laes, N. Schouterden, T. Swinnen, T. Van Acker, J. Hendrickx, S. Limbombe, G. De Schryver, J. Naessens

First Half

The game is less than 10 minutes old when the score opens. De Cuyper gets the ball on the left side after a nice dribble by Lukas Van Eenoo. He then passed the ball low and sharp to the first post where Igor Vetokele immediately worked the ball into the nets on his left, 1-0 in favour of the Kemphans.

In minute 28 a counter attack by Jan Bernat was wrongly stopped. Perdichizzi then received two yellow cards from referee Quentin Pirard for protesting. A few minutes later it was also the turn of Lierse goalkeeper Jens Teunckens to leave the field. Teunckens went two feet ahead of Lyle Foster who was all alone in the direction of goal. The match continued with 10 against 10.

In minute 39, a hands ball foul was made in the Lierse sixteen meter area. The referee awarded a penalty in favour of the Kemphans. Jan Bernat coolly converted the penalty and put the 2-0 on the scoreboard.

We went into the dressing rooms with a 2-0 lead. In the first half we saw a strong and natural Westerlo that played dominant and good football.

Second Half

The second half started with the same lads who started in the first half. Lierse clearly put the pressure on in the first fifteen minutes to get the ball towards the Westerlo goal. The Kemphans remained calm and collected the ball.

In the 59th minute it was thought for a moment that the 3-0 was a fact. Maxim De Cuyper kicked the ball past the goalkeeper, but the referee disallowed the goal for offside, unfortunately.

In the 70th minute goal scorers Igor Vetokele and Jan Bernat left the field. Mathias Fixelles and Kouya Mabea came on the pitch in their place. Right after the change, there is a very good chance for Thomas Van Den Keybus. Thomas took a hard shot on goal in the sixteen meter area, but saw his shot being stopped by a very good save.

In minute 78 the referee gave a penalty in favour of Lierse. David Jensen dived for the ball but hit the leg of Amdallah. Jensen remained calm and stopped the penalty, keeping the score at 2-0.

After 92 minutes, the match was over. The three points remain in ’t Kuipje and the step to 1A is getting closer. One more victory and the championship is within reach!



Team Pnt
Antwerp 27
KRC Genk 22
Club Brugge 19
OH Leuven 17
Standard 16
Union 16
KAA Gent 14
Anderlecht 13
Charleroi 12
KVC Westerlo 12
KV Mechelen 11
KV Oostende 12
KV Kortrijk 7
KAS Eupen 6
RFC Seraing 6
Cercle Brugge 6
Zulte Waregem 5