Preview RWDM – KVC Westerlo
This week an important double game awaits. This evening we visit Molenbeek and on Sunday another top game is announced in Beveren. Two very difficult trips and twice against a direct opponent that both strengthened during the winter break.
Coach Vincent Euvrard was offered 4 reinforcements on a silver platter by his new investor, the American John Textor – who is also a co-owner of Premier League club Crystal Palace. The best known of those 4 is undoubtedly 38-year-old Brazilian Belgian Igor De Camargo. The striker was already seen at the Edmond Machtens Stadium once, 16 years ago… Then he scored 14 goals in 28 games in that 1.5 season. The intention is that he will play for 4 months in Molenbeek, and then finish his career in Brazil at Botafogo. The latter is also a team owned by Textor. Another name that rings a bell is left back Yan Vorogovskiy. The international of Kazakhstan comes over from Kairat Almaty, before that he was successful for 2 seasons at the Kiel. The American Jacob Montes – first loaned for 6 months by Crystal Palace to Waasland Beveren, before he is now stabled in Brussels and the Bosnian Numan Kurdic also came to strengthen the ranks. Kurdic is a central defender, who was called up to wear his country’s shirt for the first time last December.
- Last Friday, RWDM was only able to record its second home win of this season. Still, punishment, if you know that they are currently unbeaten for 8 games.
- Their last defeat dates from 17 October, a home game against … KVC Westerlo (final score 1-2).
- The Brusseleirs hardly score in the first half hour, only 18% of their goals were scored then.
- Kévin Nzuzi Mata is the provisional top scorer with 5 goals. In the past 3 editions of the last 2 years he managed to score 3 goals against us in their own stadium.
- Nicolas Rommens is the assist king of 1B Pro League. He gave away no less than 7 pieces.
Normally our Brugge boys, Maxim and Thomas, would have been suspended against Deinze. Now that this game too has been rescheduled, their suspension is valid today. Coach Jonas De Roeck can choose from an almost complete group.
Goalkeepers: David Jensen, Koen Van Langendonck and Kristof Van Hout
Defenders: Edi Jordanov, Léo Seydoux, Christoffer Remmer, Rubin Seigers, Pietro Perdichizzi, Noël Soumah, Guy-Serge Yameogo and Kouya Mabea
Midfielders: Lukas Van Eenoo, Oguz Güctekin, Simon Paulet, Trésor Mossi and Jan Bernat
Attackers: Kyan Vaesen, Lyle Foster, Erdon Daci, Fernand Goure
- We already managed to score in every away game this season, that these 15 goals were scored by 9 different players. That both Jan Bernat and Erdon Daci are our top shooters on the move, with 3 each.
- That most goals (50%) fall in the last half hour.
- Perdichizzi and Mabea must watch out for a fifth yellow card and an automatic suspension against Waasland Beveren this Sunday.
- Goalkeeper David Jensen has had his hair shortened to look even more like a warrior.
- To keep corona out of the club, our players and technical staff are taken to the stadium in separate buses. Also, the offices inside the stadium have been moved so that our players barely have any contact with the outside world.
17.10.21 RWDM-KVCW 1-2 ⚽️ De Cuyper, Daci
20.02.21 RWDM-KVCW 2-1 ⚽️ Vetokele
06.11.20 RWDM-KVCW 3-1 ⚽️ Van Eenoo
Text and statistics: Peter Boons