Preview KVC Westerlo – RE Moeskroen
Les Hurlus are coming to visit tomorrow. Flashback to December 5, you know that this was a spectacular match last time, with a positive result for our Kemphanen in the end. I think everyone wants to sign immediately to experience the same tension again, although the score may turn out slightly differently in the beginning.
Team RE Moeskroen
Since the arrival of José Jeunechamps, the results have gone crescendo. He only lost twice in 12 games. The first time was on that December 5 and the second time was on match day 18 against and in RWDM. During the winter break they lost one of their basic players. Lucas Ribeiro could not resist the temptation to play for the higher ranked Waasland Beveren. Mouscron was also the only team not to offer any incoming winter bargains. Apparently this was not necessary either, because last matchday they won from Beveren with 3-0.
In the basic team there is mainly experience. Duplus, Taravel, Mohamed, Lepoint and Bakic have played together in more than 1500 official professional matches in which they also scored more than 100 goals and gave away 75 assists as defensive-minded players. Still impressive and handsome numbers I would say. In the goal – according to the analysts who follow 1B – is the best goalkeeper of the series: Nick Gillekens and deep in the striker there is another old faithful, namely Teddy Chevalier. Once you have confidence in him, a very important player who regularly picks up his goal and assist. This season his counters stand at 4 goals and 5 assists.
On the flanks are the 2 youngest players of the team: Eric Junior Bocat and Joachim Carcela-Gonzalez – cousin of Mehdi. By the way, Carcela has gained youth experience in the traditional top 3 of Belgium: Anderlecht, Club Brugge and Standard.
The last 2 places in the starting eleven are taken by Olivier Myny, who in the previous confrontation was at the basis of our comeback by taking a red card and last-but-not least there is also Clément Tainmont. Last weekend still good for 2 goals.
Did you know?
- The name Les Hurlus dates back to the 16th century. Then protestant insurgents rose up against the persecution of the faith in the Spanish Netherlands. Every year this day is still celebrated in the first week of October.
Team KVC Westerlo
It had been 16 months since we lost in a competition match in the Kuipje. The question that was naturally asked was this: “what if Lyle Foster managed to score in the 0-1 score” because shortly afterwards the second goal came in and it took our breath away. It hurt to hear that the opponent was singing, but our young Kemphanen can learn from that too, ie our coach. Mathias Fixelles and Tibo Persyn are available again – after they were not eligible to play against Deinze on Wednesday – and only Tuur Dierckx and Mamoutou N’Diaye are still training individually.
Did you know?
- Tuur Dierckx and unselected players will provide the atmosphere just after the warm-up and just before the countdown.
- Our core has an average age of 24.5 years? That only Lommel (22.4) and Virton (24.3) still have a younger core.
- 26 different players have already received playing minutes this season.
- That Van Eenoo and Jensen are the leaders with all playing minutes and that Mamoutou N’Diaye was only allowed to show up for 10 minutes.
- We scored 2 own goals this season? That this was always against Mouscron? Pietro Perdichizzi in the away game and David Jensen here in our home game.
5 last mutual duels
- 05.12.21 4-3 ⚽️Bernat, Daci 2x, Foster
- 17.09.16 1-3 ⚽️ Manias
- 27.02.16 2-2 ⚽️Cools, Henkens
- 04.04.15 0-3
- 02.11.14 1-3 ⚽️Annys
For the 25-year-old Brent Staessens from Tielrode, it will be the fifth time that he is allowed to whistle a game of our Kemphanen this season. All away matches were won, Virton (0-2), Waasland Beveren (0-2) and Lommel (0-1), in that one match in the Kuipje it was (1-1) against Waasland Beveren. Brent was recently (December 14, 2021) allowed to make his debut in the highest class, he has now also been able to lead a second game in the right direction.
Our opponent is going to meet him for the first time on the field.
Text and statistics: Peter Boons