Did you know? RWDM
Our Kemphans are in a good flow. Are they going to get their fourth consecutive victory away from home, or is black beast RWDM going to call a halt to us?Whatever the outcome, you can find out more about this meeting between the two teams below.
The people of Brussels had a good start of the season. Five out of nine is not bad, and there was also a scoreless draw, here at the Kuipje on matchday 2. Then it went downhill for a while with three defeats in a row. Last time out, they went back to Deinze’s Burgmeester VandeWielestadion and took home the full prize. After an early deficit, they finally won thanks to two goals in the last twenty minutes. Currently, they have scored 8 goals – by 8 different players – and provided 7 assists – also by 7 different players – in other words, the Brussels danger is lurking behind every corner!
Since their return to professional soccer, they have twice played at home against our Kemphans. Both games were won.
Formation last match against Deinze:
Defourny, Libert, Danté(72′ Le Joncour), Ruyssen, Van den Bogaert, Rommens, Keita(67′ Togui), Lavie(67′ El Ouahdi), Ephestion(87′ Gécé), Nangis and Nzuzi Mata(87′ Gonçalves Pereira).
Goals : 71′ Nangis (1-1) and 89′ El Ouahdi (1-2).
Team KVC Westerlo.
We had the best start measured since the creation of the current competition format. With 17 out of 21, we are doing better than the leaders of the past years.
We have the best defense (only 5 goals conceded) and only Waasland Beveren scored more than us. There is one remarkable fact to note. Both Lierse (2016-15p), Beerschot (2017-15p), Westerlo (2018-13p), OH Leuven (2019-16p) and Seraing (2020-15p) were in first place after 7 match days, on the last match day the number one position was not for them.
But… no one had a lead of 5 points after 7 match days.
Only Lierse in 2016 came close (+4).
Last 5 mutual confrontations
- 6/11/20 RWDM – KVCW 3-1
- 9/11/20 KVCW – RWDM 3-0
- 20/02/21 RWDM – KVCW 2-1
- 9/04/21 KVCW – RWDM 2-2
- 20/08/21 KVCW – RWDM 0-0
- RWDM has yet to score in the first half hour this season.
- Gilles Ruyssen made his debut in the first team of Westerlo in November 2014 and then managed to score twice? In minute 61 he deviated the ball into his own goal, to score the equalizer 7 minutes later against Charleroi.
- Bryan Van Den Bogaert often plays as a model. His partner owns a clothing store in West-Flanders and occasionally he shows off the men’s clothes.
- Striker Kévin Nzuzi Mata is the top marksman in the mutual confrontations. He already managed to score three times against us.
- Coach Vincent Euvrard has already coached 8 games against our club in the past? Of which he won half, drew twice and lost twice.
- Our Kemphans have an average of 7 Belgian players starting the match. Only Lierse (10) and Deinze (9) score better in this respect.
- Westerlo scores 76% of its goals in the second half.
- The new trio of coaches at Westerlo: De Roeck, Messoudi and Goor together have 1400 matches as professional footballers on their counter.
- Jonas and Mo once played 23 matches together on the field. This was in the 2005-2006 season at Beerschot.
- Westerlo currently has 1 international in its team. Jan Bernat is always called up to play with the Slovak U21 team. He opened the score in the loss against Spain (3-2) last Friday.
- The same Bernat already played in 3 competitions this season? First he played the preliminary round of the Conference League with his old club MSK Zilina, then the 1B Pro League with Westerlo and as just mentioned the international matches with his homeland.
- He has already played twice as many games (14) as his teammates, in which he has scored 7 goals.
- Thomas Van Den Keybus was born in Bruges, but took his first steps in soccer at Beerschot? And then ended up back in Bruges via KV Mechelen.
Text and statistics: Peter Boons